Coronavirus School Update
The School will be closed for all children for half-term from 25th-30th May 2020.
Essex Primary School will reopen to children of Critical Workers and Vulnerable Children on Monday 1st of June 2020.
If you fall into these categories and require educational provision for your children, please contact the school on 02084720322 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please inform us of the dates that you would require provision so that the school can make the necessary arrangements. Click here for list of Critical Workers.
Please note the Government’s advice:
Parents whose work is critical to the COVID-19 response include those who work in health and social care and in other key sectors. Many parents working in these sectors may be able to ensure their child is kept at home. Every child who can be safely cared for at home should be.
Please, therefore, follow these key principles:
1. If it is at all possible for children to be at home, then they should be.
2. If a child needs specialist support, is vulnerable or has a parent who is a critical worker, then educational provision will be available for them.
3. Parents should not rely for childcare upon those who are advised to be in the stringent social distancing category such as grandparents, friends, or family members with underlying health conditions.
4. Parents should also do everything they can to ensure children are not mixing socially in a way which can continue to spread the virus. They should observe the same social distancing principles as adults.
If your work is critical to the COVID-19 response, or you work in one of the critical sectors, and you cannot keep your child safe at home, then your children will be prioritised for education provision:
Links to useful webpages
1. A link to guidance from Department for Education and Public Health England on implementing social distancing in education and childcare settings: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-implementing-social-distancing-in-education-and-childcare-settings
2. A link to the Head Start webpage. Head Start are putting together a range of resources for schools and parents to support children and young people during this time with particular focus on their mental health and wellbeing: Head Start Newham | Newham Connect
3. A link to the Newham Webpage which is providing further advice and guidance on all things COVID-19. The webpage will continually be updated with new information and further information on support for residents will be available in the coming days. https://www.newham.gov.uk/Pages/ServiceChild/Coronavirus-(Covid-19).aspx
Home Learning Guidance
All children will have work set for them to continue their learning at home.
Daily activities have been set for all pupils from Years 1 to 6 on Google Classroom. Pupils have received a username and password.
Pupils must complete their daily activities between the hours of 9am and 3pm so that teachers will be able to provide feedback. Please ensure they have a space to complete their work. I would like to encourage all parents to read daily with their children.
For pupils in Nursery and Reception classes, work is being sent via School Ping on a regular basis and work can also be found on the school’s website: www.essex.newham.sch.uk. Please hover over the Learning tab and you will find the Homework link. Nursery and Reception pupils will not be given feedback on a daily basis but parents are expected to work through the activities daily. If you as a parent, require any support, please email the EYFS staff on: email@example.com with your child’s name and class and the teachers will get back to you during school hours.
For the half-term week (25th-30th May 2020), children are expected to complete their project learning which has been uploaded to Google Classroom and the school’s website under the Learning tab and on the Homework page.
I will keep you updated regularly.
In this time of uncertainty, I would like to encourage us all to stay safe and follow the government’s advice on social distancing while at the same time supporting each other in our community.
Mrs Cecilia Mojzes
Please click on the link below to give you guidance regarding the Coronavirus.
Head Teacher’s Welcome
Welcome to Essex Primary, a four-form entry school with a Nursery and ASD Resourced Provision, where we foster a calm, secure and purposeful working atmosphere. Our partnerships with parents, governors and local communities aim to provide enriching opportunities for our pupils.
At Essex Primary, we are passionate about delivering a positive, caring and inclusive curriculum, which is reflected in our vision, values and ethos.
Together with governors and staff, I am committed to the well-being, safety and happiness of all those who attend Essex Primary.
We pride ourselves in ensuring that all pupils achieve their full potential and are equipped with the skills of creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship to meet the demands of a 21st century era.
Enjoy your tour of our website.
Executive Head Teacher
Essex Primary School are pleased to announce that Ofsted have reported that the school is Outstanding.
We would like to thank the staff, governors, children and parents for all their hard work.
Please click on the link below to read the report.